Whether made by an individual, educational institution or manufacturer, a kiln purchase represents a significant capital expenditure. You can spend from hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars on a kiln, and once that first load is fired, there is no changing your mind, so make sure you purchase a kiln that (1) meets your firing requirements, (2) gives you flexibility for realistic changes in your future firings needs, and (3) represents the highest level of quality you can afford. No one likes to "over-buy," but purchasing a kiln that barely meets your needs today, is sure to be a disappointment and additional expense down the road.
Talk to friends, teachers, co-workers, but most of all talk to an expert before buying your kiln. Our technical staff is available by phone, fax, and e-mail to discuss your kiln purchase.
In addition to the Standard Laguna Gas Kilns
we produce; Laguna also offers custom built Gas Kilns for your needs.
Constructed for a lifetime of consistent and reliable firings, Laguna gas-fired kilns are built to last. Whether front-loading or shuttle, updraft or downdraft, brick or fiber, Laguna Kilns represent rugged construction and outstanding craftsmanship.
- Structural steel frame
- 16 gauge steel skin (painted)
- Heavy-duty, adjustable-hinge door (specify left or right mounted)
- Heat-lock door
- K-26 firebrick floor
- K-23 firebrick walls, arch and door (brick models)
- 6", pre-compressed, high-purity, fiber panels (fiber models)
- High efficiency, natural draft, ceramic-tip, venturi burners (specify natural gas or propane)
- Heavy-duty burner manifold system
- Direct-spark, electronic ignition system
- Digital high-limit/safety shut-off controller
- Manual burner control valves
- Water column pressure gauge
- Cordierite sight tube(s) with peephole plug(s)
- K-26 firebrick walls, arch and door (recommended for Cone 10 firing)
- Programmable controller (multiple ramp/hold segment options available)
- Furniture Kits
- Wind apron (detachable)
- Forced-air burner system
- Digital pyrometer
- Stainless Steel or galvanized kiln hood
Contact your local Laguna distributor or a kiln specialist at Laguna Clay Company to discuss the gas kiln most suited to your firing needs.
The minimum gas pressure to fire a Laguna Gas Kiln is 6" WC(14" for propane). Kilns fired at higher altitudes may require smaller orifices or forced-air burners.